Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend slacker

My oldest baby is 21 today. I can't believe it! I wish I could wax poetic about all the time that has passed and all but my memory is shot today. I just can't.
Saturday, instead of walking, we took the younger kids to look at the house. They love it. I love it. Kent is very nervous. I think we can do it. It will be hard for a while, but I think we can.
I made a red velvet cake for the oldest... I cheated a little...

Red Velvet Redux

Ingredients:

1 Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 box instant white chocolate (hard to find) or chocolate instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Instructions:

Hand mix all ingredients until incorporated and then mix on medium with a hand mixer for 1:30 to 2:00 minutes. Do not overbeat, as it will make the cake tough. Bake at 325 until a toothpick comes out clean, usually about 34-45 mins
 
 
It was fantastic. The cream cheese frosting was from a can... I need to learn how to make homemade frosting.
 
Sunday I took the younger two to go camping with family. I miss them. The oldest is going drinking tonight so Kent and I have time alone! Time to go!

No comments: