Saturday, March 14, 2009

The feeling of the day

Today I am feeling a bit melancholly. There are so many things going on that it's hard to break it down into what exactly is causing this feeling.
My reproductive system is doing that thing is does, just 10x more painful than last month. Thank gwad it stopped the every other week thing it was fond of.
I look out the windows and see dogs hanging out of the passenger sides of cars. I wish our dog did that. She is cute, but scared shitless of riding in a car.
Everything is melting. It's a great day! Of course I finished the cashmere cowl last night. It's so heavy, but it looks faboo!!! I will take a picture of it later and push it into this post.
Tomorrow Kay goes and tries out for the AAA hockey team. I am on the fence about her being on the team. Trying out will be a great experience for her, making it will be an expensive venture for us. Practices held 3 hours away and 3 tournaments, one in the Twin Cities, one in Grand Forks and one in Duluth.
We found out on Friday that Kent (my husband) is a match so he can give his father a kidney. I am so very glad that this will help my FIL, but I am frightened about the whole procedure. I tend to be a worry wart, and this isn't helping. There are so many things that need to be done even before a date is set, it's daunting even though it's not me going under the knife!
I can't wait to get my peppers and my tomatoes started! I want to do it before I leave for my mother's. Oh! Wait! Another stordy!
A few weeks ago, mom went through a rough patch and I felt I needed to go out there and spend some time with her. Life got in the way, as it often does around here. Hockey schedules, school stuff and Kolton and Kent getting sick... I just couldn't get away.
One night, Kent was somewhat covertly talking on the phone to his sister. I heard yeses and nos... Then I heard her ask if I would prefer a window or eisle seat. WHAT????
My darling husband booked a flight for me, with his sister's help and miles for next week to go see my mom! What a great guy!
Brownies. Yep. That's whats needed.

No comments: